Monday, April 28, 2008

Baby Shower and the NFL Draft.




This past Sunday Big Daddy's Mom, Aunt, Cousins and Step Sister took the bull by the horns, came over, took over our kitchen and living room and threw a awesome baby shower bash (not bad for a 2 week notice). Mom like a general started giving orders while I quietly prepped some foods I was craving and stuffing in my mouth while she and the other womenfolk buzzed all around me! All I'm saying that if you want a party catered, these women are the ones to call.

It was a pretty good turnout despite the fact that only 75% of my invites actually made it to the homes to those who where invited and while 25% are still out there in la la land (so I had to make sure to call and invite them) Oh lets not ignore the fact that to both paternal grandparents and my father in law did not get theirs! oh and that no one really RSVP'd. All in all, Big daddy and I had a great showing of our friends and family. I loved all the noise, mess and people in my house! Loved it so much that when it was time for everybody to get going, I actually got really sad because now my house was quiet and clean! Whoa

Once again Kudos to mom! The only person I know who could've done just as well as a job, is my mother. holy toledo, I just realized with those two powers combined in one household, I'm just gonna sit my butt down on the couch and watch in complete awe.

Big Daddy not knowing that womenfolk will soon invade his house and fill to the brim!




The baby soon to be made out like a bandit, daddy and the male other halves grunted and watched the future meat heads of the NFL get drafted to various teams, while the ladies and I oohhhh and ahhhhhed over the cutest little outfits and my happy exclamations of the very uber useful baby products (like a car seat and a feeding chair!) from there we, Okay not really we but more less like I. I went for my 3rd round of goodies to eat. Every once in awhile, Big daddy made his appearance as well as our friend Travis who secretly snuck pictures of the shower (I want copies!) Other than that, it was baby shower games like drawing on your heads. With the results looking like alien drawings and Aztec goddess drawings. oh and my favorite (luckily I have a good sized ego and strong self esteem) lets measure my belly and have all the women figure out just how big I am. The guesses where hugely hilarious since some had enough left over to wrap the string around me twice! Those who underguessed will be in my good graces for life. Those who over guessed...no more of my cooking! Ha just kidding it was all good fun!

All in all good times by all!

(more pics to follow! and more comments but for now, I'm going to work on my 3rd lunch)

No comments: