...or..."just how in the hell do you expect us to get to work tomorrow?"
With 10 inches and counting, our front and back yards, our neighborhoods, our streets (Still quite positive we do have streets and roads still, just not sure) [Note: Here Mama Bee absconded with the baby complaining of writer's block. Big Daddy takes over]
"Just where was this snow when we were younger?" Posited the next door neighbor to me while I shoveled the driveway. I shook my head and continued shoveling. "You know?" I said between shoveling, "I've lived" *shovel* "in Western Washington" *shovel* "nearly my entire life." *shovel* "And this is the first time I've ever had to shovel snow."
Note: The power went out after I finished typing the previous paragraph. Thank heavens for auto-save. Now continuing, 3 hours later.
I just finished shoveling the snow off of our back deck. With a rake. See, we have no snow shovel and all the local stores were, shockingly, sold out. So we borrowed the neighbors' this morning for the driveway but gave it back after we were done. So...rake for the backyard.
The snow is literally 18 inches high now.
One ancillary benefit of this weather is that I couldn't make it into work today. I've been working seven days a week for who knows how long. It feels weird. And nice. I miss it. Too bad we cut off our cable or I could've watched to Seahawks nearly shut out the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets today. Oh well, it is still 2008 after all. I wouldn't be surprised if our roof collapsed on Christmas Day. *sigh* Here's to the end of the year.
Also; Lil' Monkey eats. A lot. Like, more than you'd expect a chubby, growing baby to. It's like she has a hollow leg or something. I can't imagine where it's all going.
No comments:
Post a Comment