Thursday, September 3, 2009

Summer Roundup...and mom turns 29 Again.



Ahh Look a Family Pic. I know I forgot to Smile. But hey, I love it.


So averaging a update every 4 months is not exactly what we had in mind to do when we initially set up this account. A blog to update our family out there and let them know about our semi everyday life we call chaos. Alas, here we are and here I go. (As I type, Big Daddy is on the couch catching the last free Seahawks game on TV before it goes cable and he's out for the season)

Summer Came and gone, with the first part being quiet and productive. With Snickerdoodle out the first half with summer being at her Fathers house. I (Mama B) decided it was time to tackle the yard, the house, the garage, the kitchen and the arts and crafts. I made tons of progress and yet, it looks like I did SQUAT! I need to start getting rid of stuff so it actually looks "productive" in the work I do.

Currently my status has not quite improved on the job front, currently still unemployed. Since being unemployed, I have applied and searched for 3 jobs every week, Thats so far 72 jobs applied for, with 1 interview and no job offers. On the home front, its been very stable with freshly baked goods at least once a week. Though with my thickening waist line has been due to those yummy goodies and not a new baby. FYI I need my fat pants back.

Big Daddy is still working like a dog but I've managed to convince him to take some time of to spend time with the girls during the 2nd half of the summer when snickerdoodle came home.

During this summer time, this is pretty much a short list of the things we did.
The Zoo, The Aquarium, NW Trek, Farmers Market, Blackberry Picking, Girl Scout Camp, Going to the beach, Sleepovers, Late Nights and Junk Food, Bowling, Fairs, Going on Ferry Rides and Boat Rides just to get some ice cream, Running to Seattle to get a cupcake, The Zoo for Camel Rides, Family Pictures, More Zoo, Pizza Nights, Play Dates, Yard Work, Swimming lessons done Swimmingly and Baking.

And This is a short list of things we didn't do. Sleep.

The most exciting news about this summer was that in early August Chunky Monkey took her first step and has decided that walking is currently way too slow as a mode of transportation and has now decided that running is the best course of action. I am sad to report that she has been genetically bless with both her parents gift of being klutzy. With the way of learning how run, shes falling down more and bumping into walls as a form of brakes. Eventually she will stop running into walls and slow down around corners, and her little nose will stop being red for being banged up all the time. Or thats what I tell CPS. JOKING about the CPS part, her nose is still red.

Snickerdoodle has yet to learn how to ride a 2 wheeler. we have yet to give up on this project or her. We just need to get her little ass off the couch.

I have once again turn 29 again for the 4th year in a row, I think maybe I'll turn 30 along with my husband next spring. Then when I hit *coughs* 35, I'll be 32 for a very long while.

Well I think thats it for the update. Sorry for being quick and to the point but man I'm pooped. I'm still trying to catch my breath from this summer.

No comments: